Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LES Phone Interview - Advance Website Registration Requirements?

Options
  • 27-04-2021 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi all.

I received a letter from the Local Employment Service informing me of a telephone interview that I have with them next week - and it specifically asks that I open an account on MyWelfare.ie and register on JobsIreland.ie, but only those two sites, in advance of the call.

Does anyone have experience of this? Or why are those sites, in particular, are specified?
    Considering that they're both DSP run/owned sites - are they intended to be used by them to monitor your online activity in some way during the process?
    And is it compulsory to register with/use them, in this context?

I have availed of the LES services previously and I found them to be very helpful indeed. I think they provide a great service that is very much person-led, a much more preferable and productive approach IMO - but there were never advance directions like this before, specified in this manner.

So I'm curious to know why they're being included now - if anyone has any insight or experience that they're willing to share.

Any and all information will be very gratefully received anyway - TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi all.

I received a letter from the Local Employment Service informing me of a telephone interview that I have with them next week - and it specifically asks that I open an account on MyWelfare.ie and register on JobsIreland.ie, but only those two sites, in advance of the call.

Does anyone have experience of this? Or why are those sites, in particular, are specified?
    Considering that they're both DSP run/owned sites - are they intended to be used by them to monitor your online activity in some way during the process?
    And is it compulsory to register with/use them, in this context?

I have availed of the LES services previously and I found them to be very helpful indeed. I think they provide a great service that is very much person-led, a much more preferable and productive approach IMO - but there were never advance directions like this before, specified in this manner.

So I'm curious to know why they're being included now - if anyone has any insight or experience that they're willing to share.

Any and all information will be very gratefully received anyway - TIA!

This has all the hallmarks of either Seetac or Turas Nua approach (Jobs path), was there any mention of Jobs path on your correspondence?

I'm not at all sure why tge need to set up a mywelfare account to register on jobs Ireland, surely you can register on this site directly?

As regards DSP monitoring activity, no this is not part of any agenda, however you will be required on an ongoing basis to apply for suitable jobs and prove this as part of a progression plan.

If its Jobspath a profound waste of your time but you do need to engage and be sure to document every communication, email, sms etc.

Good luck

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The Darkness

Dempo1 wrote: »
    This has all the hallmarks of either Seetac or Turas Nua approach (Jobs path), was there any mention of Jobs path on your correspondence?

I'm not at all sure why tge need to set up a mywelfare account to register on jobs Ireland, surely you can register on this site directly?

As regards DSP monitoring activity, no this is not part of any agenda, however you will be required on an ongoing basis to apply for suitable jobs and prove this as part of a progression plan.

If its Jobspath a profound waste of your time but you do need to engage and be sure to document every communication, email, sms etc.

Good luck

No, no mention or suggestion of Jobspath or Turas Nua thankfully. It was on LES headed paper and followed their usual format, as far as I can remember.

To clarify, I don't think that you have to set up a My Welfare account to register on Jobs Ireland, or that they're suggesting such - it's just that those two things were specifically mentioned in the letter, as things you're requested to do in advance. I don't think you have to do one for the other to be completed - at least, that's how I understood it anyway.

Ya, I'm aware of the parameters of what you need to do - and I have no issue with any of that, it's necessary part of the agreement when you sign. It's just that I've never encountered a request like this before and it seemed odd to me - so I'm hoping someone may be able to shed some light on it to help me gain a better understanding of why it's now suddenly so necessary.

Thanks for the good luck wishes anyway, appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Following on from this, friend has a similar letter but on signing onto jobsireland.ie the options are ridiculous. Not one of the 'strength areas' matched the job seeker - highly qualified STEM - and nothing remotely suitable came up in the preferences section. It leaves the impression that if you fill in a couple of 'nearest' options - while still irrelevant - you will be offered jobs that are completely unsuitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Yeh got one of these letters and a link in the text which was a video saying what was to be expected, a progression plan or maybe flling in a gap with a tus scheme or a ce scheme

Advertisement