Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help setting up Income Tax Registration

Options
  • 27-04-2021 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

i have been a full time carer for over 2 years now and had no clue i had to file taxes. I only realized when BOI asked me for an Assessment form this morning for a loan that is currently pending approval.

I have a MyGovID and have set up my accounts but when i try to set up an Income Tax Registration it asks me for a NACE code. I have no clue what a NACE code is or what the code for Carers Allowance would be. I have been googling for hours trying to figure this ut and im completely lost. i want to get this fixed asap as i dont want to restart the loan application process and possibly affect my credit score.

any help is greatly appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

If you are a full-time carer for a relation of yours in your house or their house, in my opinion you are not self-employed.

So I don't think you need to register for ROS.

NACE is an industry code.

I suggest you register for the far simpler MyAccount:

https://www.ros.ie/myaccount-web/sign_in.html?execution=e1s1

However, if you are a carer for pay or profit, then yes, you are self-employed.

Registering for income tax /ROS is for self-employed people who earn income from trading.

I can't see how or why anybody depending solely on Carers welfare payments would have to register for income tax / ROS.

However, if you are earning wages/profits from caring, then yes, you should register for income tax / ROS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 smokeypigeon44

@Geuze i am getting paid by the department of social protection not an outside company. would this still count?

@Geuze i am getting paid by the department of social protection not an outside company. would this still count?

Paid a wage?

Or paid a welfare payment, like Carers Allowance?

Advertisement