Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delays in furniture delivery timeline

Options
  • 26-04-2021 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hello,

I have just signed contracts for my new home and have seriously started thinking about furniture. I have liked and figured stuff I like online. However, all the stuff seems to have estimated delivery date of 2-3 months in the future. The delay isn't a huge concern but I'm worried about them not delivering the furniture or delaying it further by many months owing to the pandemic and restrictions. Basically, I don't want to have my money locked in on furniture pieces that take forever to arrive. Has anyone purchased furniture recently? If yes, how realistic were the timelines advised on the website? It would be great of you to let me know!

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭EVGR

Hello!
    We ordered a sofa from a place in Ireland in December, which arrived in April, as they said it would.
    We ordered a tv unit from UK (manufactured in Asia) in December and it was first said to be delivered end of February. Apparently it has now left the warehouse in UK. Delayed because of Brexit, pandemic or Suez canal - I dont know.

But if you need furniture, it's worth waiting for the right piece that suits your style. Maybe meanwhile you could borrow something, or get something for free on Adverts?
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭brio09

EVGR wrote: »
    Hello!
    We ordered a sofa from a place in Ireland in December, which arrived in April, as they said it would.
    We ordered a tv unit from UK (manufactured in Asia) in December and it was first said to be delivered end of February. Apparently it has now left the warehouse in UK. Delayed because of Brexit, pandemic or Suez canal - I dont know.

But if you need furniture, it's worth waiting for the right piece that suits your style. Maybe meanwhile you could borrow something, or get something for free on Adverts?
    Good luck!

thanks! that's pretty helpful to hear :) I wasn't sure what about brexit would cause a sustained delay ("latency").
    i had assumed it would either cause a gradually increasing delay as the months go by or a gradually decreasing delay due to process improvements or a ban on some items being delivered.
    glad to hear the suppliers were able to predict the delay and were able to deliver things.
    agreed that furniture needs to be the right one :)

doesn't seem like this thread was relevant for a lot of folks but wanted to post a short update that we are still in the same boat, it seems. for furniture pieces we need to buy (we didn't buy yet), the delays still seem to be 9 weeks or so due to brexit / pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Gamergurll

It really depends where you are buying from, a lot of the furniture companies make to order so there is a long waiting time, not necessarily a brexit or Covid thing. I want to order my new sofa from Dfs over the summer but I know with them it's a few months with the one I like anyway, they only manufacture it when you ordered and placed the deposit

Gamergurll wrote: »
    It really depends where you are buying from, a lot of the furniture companies make to order so there is a long waiting time, not necessarily a brexit or Covid thing. I want to order my new sofa from Dfs over the summer but I know with them it's a few months with the one I like anyway, they only manufacture it when you ordered and placed the deposit

ah understood, thanks!
    we looked at Caseys, DFS, Diamond, Fineline - most of them had timeline of 2-4 months, so I understand what you mean - that is what it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement