Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Card App for iOS now available

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Crikey it only took is it 8 years.... If I'm not mistaken.

Cashless be soon so well.... Irish soon maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

Indeed! Apple not allowing their NFC to be used.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

So you know that Apple didn't allow NFC to be used in this way until recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bk wrote: »
    So you know that Apple didn't allow NFC to be used in this way until recently...

Yes, just can't believe it's been so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Long overdue. It's been that long since I last used my Leap card that I need to check the balance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Gave it a go there and good to see even this new app likes to be picky about reading your card first try! I am liking the refreshed UI however, even if it's mainly just more round and a lighter shade of green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭john boye

I always assumed Apple would never open it up. When I regularly used the bus I kept an ancient galaxy S3 going as a spare and to top up my leap card!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭thomil

I think they're only opening up for certain public transport providers, at least that seems to be the general vibe I'm getting from posts on the usual Apple news sites over the last few months/year.

Just tested it over here, and the app seems to work fine. Too bad I'm broke, so I can't test topping up...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Just tried it out, seems to be working well, a very nice addition.

Though I have auto-topup enabled, so not such a big deal for me.

I notice there is no way to buy tickets directly in the app, you have to buy them via the leap website and then they can be added by the app.

Unfortunate, but that is another Apple restriction (I believe they require 30% of tickets, etc. bought in apps).
    p_haugh wrote: »
    Gave it a go there and good to see even this new app likes to be picky about reading your card first try! I am liking the refreshed UI however, even if it's mainly just more round and a lighter shade of green.

Yeah, NFC is just picky in general IME of playing around with it USB readers, etc.
    thomil wrote: »
    I think they're only opening up for certain public transport providers, at least that seems to be the general vibe I'm getting from posts on the usual Apple news sites over the last few months/year.

They have opened it up a bit wider then just transport, but yes, I think what really forced them into opening it up was big transport agencies in Asia in particular.

Advertisement