Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sava Bikes

Options
  • 26-04-2021 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Anyone any experience of Sava bikes and importing them into Ireland?

Price on some models seems good for the spec, especially when compared to the prices second hand bikes are going for.

This one looks like a lot of bike for the money, not sure on import duty and shipping costs though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭griffin100

I'll take the silence as a no :D

I see a Dublin bike shop is selling these at the moment so they have been imported. Online reviews seem ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Looks grand. Great price. 7.9kg is decent enough for an aero bike too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

Looks like Chinese open mold frames built up. If you're buying them direct from outside the EU than all the usual caveats apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭cletus

Is it just me, or is the branding very loud (particularly on the red/orange and black one)?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

This looks like a lot if Chinese pop up ads from Facebook for cycling gloves, workstands, etc. But if someone from Dublin is selling them in a shop too, maybe they're not. Could be another Fiido revolution, I suppose.

I'd be afraid spending that amount of money on a bike shipping from China, (only certain models are shipping from Poland), their poor English, while better than my Chinese does nothing to fill me with confidence.

A couple of the other sites I mentioned at the start.

https://www.vrlhmza.top/products/bike-stand?fbclid=IwAR2v5CVVZV_xrqx4RapiGczplR4SLaiB-aYStKmheUPn0N-fj7zQGiUvXyg

https://www.vrlhmza.top/products/home-mechanic-bicycle-repair-stand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

A clubmate has that bike the OP posted. He got it around Christmas time. It's bang on for the money. Afaik it was shipped from Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭griffin100

Thanks for the replies.

I'm tempted to take a punt. I'm looking at putting a new set of wheels (Campag Bora or similar) on my bike at the minute and that's nearly the same price as the bike I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Strange that they've stickered up the wheels and finishing kit with a "Knight" logo. Nothing to do with Knight Composites, who would charge more for a front wheel than Sava are for the whole bike.

If the groupset is genuine it looks like a good deal, regardless.

Advertisement