Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay click and collect

Options
  • 25-04-2021 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Hi,

has anyone experience of buying an item from ebay uk and having it delivered to a click and collect address in NI?

Obviously at the moment with the restrictions it may be difficult to collect it but has anyone done it?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Which click and collect address? Do you parcel motel/parcel wizard?

Both not working if that's what you mean.

Oh I see you talk about collecting.
    Can't see any issue with it. Wouldn't bother doing it myself as I'd imagine the journey would outway the delivery cost to have it sent direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

RossieMan wrote: »
    Which click and collect address? Do you parcel motel/parcel wizard?

Both not working if that's what you mean.

Oh I see you talk about collecting.
    Can't see any issue with it. Wouldn't bother doing it myself as I'd imagine the journey would outway the delivery cost to have it sent direct.

newry argos/sainsburys. I suppose if driving from louth etc its not that far. Just wondering if anyone has done it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have done it once and had no problems with the collection. The item was faulty so I had to return it and I used the same point for the return which was a post office .. handy :)

I've also used the same post office about 10 - 12 times in the last couple of years for Amazon's click and collect.

muffler wrote: »
    I have done it once and had no problems with the collection. The item was faulty so I had to return it and I used the same point for the return which was a post office .. handy :)

I've also used the same post office about 10 - 12 times in the last couple of years for Amazon's click and collect.

Good to know. Planning on doing this when covid restrictions are eased.

Had you used the sainsbury/argos collection points?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Didnt use those but I do know a couple of others who used the Argos collection point in the same town (Strabane).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

Is the click and collect free delivery? (To NI)

nophd08 wrote: »
    Is the click and collect free delivery? (To NI)

Depends on item, but most are

Depends on item, but most are

Didn't realise this, I can pick up from argos easily. Pity I didn't know this earlier as I just bought an item from eBay £33 and £14 delivery and now awaiting customs charges. Lol. My bad

nophd08 wrote: »
    Didn't realise this, I can pick up from argos easily. Pity I didn't know this earlier as I just bought an item from eBay £33 and £14 delivery and now awaiting customs charges. Lol. My bad

Just check the seller will send to a click and collect address. Most large sellers do. Saves the hassle of extra delivery charges

Just check the seller will send to a click and collect address. Most large sellers do. Saves the hassle of extra delivery charges

Will do, thanks for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement