Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Display Port monitors won't stay asleep

Options
  • 24-04-2021 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

As per below video, when I lock my machine, the monitors don't goto sleep properly, with each of the monitors connected to a Display Port not fully going to sleep.
    All four monitors are Dell P2212H, with the bottom right connected to a HDMI port; the rest are connected to a Display Port. They're all DVI monitors, connected via a DVI to DP or DVI to HDMI adapter.

The message on screen is "Entering Power Save Mode".
    The graphics card is a Radeon RX580 8GB. Drivers are fairly recent.
    On Windows 10, 20H2.

Anyone have any ideas on the cause?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Was this like that from fist day you connect DP-to-DVI or recent?
    Are you able to replicate this by switching HDMI-to-DVI/ DP-to-DVI to another monitor?

Pointing to adapter here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was this like that from fist day you connect DP-to-DVI or recent?
    Since day one. Just running out of things to try recently.
    Are you able to replicate this by switching HDMI-to-DVI/ DP-to-DVI to another monitor?

Pointing to adapter here.
    Yup, looking that way. The HDMI to DVI adapter has no issues, but the DP to DVI adapters have the issue. Shall switch them around when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I had similar with a multi monitor setup years ago, the reason was the monitor connected via DP > DVI was recognized by the GPU as a generic TV or similar; IIRC the fix was updating the monitor drivers through Device Manager. Not sure if it helps, but might be worth a look.

Advertisement