Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Edge Explore - Map Confusion

Options
  • 24-04-2021 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

When heading out on new solo spins I like to create a course with Garmin Connect, sync to my Garmin Edge Explore and then follow it as I have a terrible sense of direction.

Was trying a new route today and the map kept acting up like it wasn't getting GPS updates or the map info was somehow not up to date or corrupt.

When I look in Settings -> Map -> Map Information - Select Map I'm offered a total of 5 maps per the screen shots below.

This looks odd to me. Does anyone here know what the best Map choice / solution is for an Irish based rider? Is there a way for the Garmin to use Google Maps via the bluetooth connection to my phone so map data is always up to date?

Should I be disabling or deleting some of the 5 installed maps?

Confused.com :o

6njBs99.jpg

prOmznS.jpg

Advertisement