Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underfloor hot water leak

Options
  • 24-04-2021 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

I’m losing hot water at a fair rate from my tank in the hot press. It seems there is a leak under the floor somewhere, could be in bathroom or kitchen. Old copper pipes.

Any suggestions on how to find the leak without ripping up all the tiles and laminate?

The only reason the place isn’t flooding is because it’s an old house with poor foundations so the water is seeping away.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Floor should be warmer near leak. Heat up the tank well and use an infra red thermometer or even bare feet.
    Check all areas where pipe enters and comes from the floor.
    Also consider a hole in your coil.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Wearb wrote: »
    Floor should be warmer near leak. Heat up the tank well and use an infra red thermometer or even bare feet.
    Check all areas where pipe enters and comes from the floor.
    Also consider a hole in your coil.

Thanks, I’ll try that. The tank is pretty new so I think the problem is under the floor.

Advertisement