Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newspaper look up

Options
  • 23-04-2021 11:55pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Searching the newspapers at Find My Past for the death of Catherine Pelly I get a result for the Irish Independent Feb 3rd 1908.

However, when I search for the same item on Irish News Archive I can't find it.

I wonder could someone with a subscription to Find My Past check to see if it's correctly recorded.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have found that a lot with FMP and the papers. They sometimes even have a partial transcript of an entry and then there is no such page to be found when I browse the actual paper on INA.

I copied the article from FMP, but it does not appear in the edition on INA - at least not in the same page. I suppose it may be a city edition rather than a national one.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Yes, I thought that might be the case - thanks spurious.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement