Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike fit in the South East

Options
  • 23-04-2021 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a professional who does bike fit in the South East?

Much appreciated,
    Toblerone1978.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭pairofpears

Aidan Hammond is recommended by Kenny for Bikes in Enniscorthy and a mate of mine has had him fit him for 2 bikes recently. Thinking of going to him myself when I get some more time available to go down to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I'm like a shill at this stage for Aidan Hammond :). But sure there's a slew of people on here who are more comfortable on their bikes as a direct result of his services.

He's brilliant. I had a virtual bike fit with him over zoom and he sorted out my issues in 5 minutes. Negated the need for a full fit and saved me buying a whole load of expensive saddles! (one for each bike).

Sound man, knows what he's doing, and he's pretty prompt to reply to emails too https://bikefittingireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Junior

I've had Aidan come down to Waterford. He's top class. However, I would add Altitude in Waterford do professional fitting, I've used them as well. Not sure how all Fitting is going now with the ole C19 thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

Junior wrote: »
    I've had Aidan come down to Waterford. He's top class. However, I would add Altitude in Waterford do professional fitting, I've used them as well. Not sure how all Fitting is going now with the ole C19 thing.

I heard from a fitter that it’s considered an essential service. He said he was told this by a senior Garda.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Also a fan of Aidan Hammond, have gotten a fit twice of him. After the first one I finished a 1200km Audax, after the second I got my first win in a bike race. not saying they are connected but it certainly didn't do any harm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Was just looking at aidans site. I need a bike fit myself as I have an l5 prolapsed disc in my back and arthritis in my right hip. Im a causal cyclist but feel I could benefit from one. Bought the defy in a m/l but think I should have got a size smaller with my back trouble. Can't change it now, I'll lose too much money plus I'd be waiting months for a bike.

Advertisement