Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Isolation Valve

Options
  • 23-04-2021 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

I've recently moved into a house built in the 70's and I have a water leak at the side of the house. There is a valve buried at the bottom of a concrete shaft and it is coming from there, to repair it will mean isolating the feed to my house. I walked the boundary and cant find any mains isolation valve. Im guessing that somewhere, someone has a layout drawing of where the water feed pipes run and the isolation valves are? Who would have this info, irish water? Kildare County Council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

mikerd4 wrote: »
    I've recently moved into a house built in the 70's and I have a water leak at the side of the house. There is a valve buried at the bottom of a concrete shaft and it is coming from there, to repair it will mean isolating the feed to my house. I walked the boundary and cant find any mains isolation valve. Im guessing that somewhere, someone has a layout drawing of where the water feed pipes run and the isolation valves are? Who would have this info, irish water? Kildare County Council?

Where is this concrete shaft, as that sounds exactly like the isolation valve location.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerd4

Where is this concrete shaft, as that sounds exactly like the isolation valve location.

Its on my property about 20 metres from the road.

Its on my property about 20 metres from the road.

Is the isolation valve down that shaft?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

Are Irish Water still offering the “Free first time fix”?
    Worth checking out in case you cannot fix yourself.

There is a valve at the bottom of it. I cleared out a ton of sludge and muck and there is a valve there. The location on my property makes me think its feeding an out building (I need to see if turning it off stops the tap in it) however I cannot find the mains isolation point on the roadside to my property and that's why I wanted to find out if there is a map/layout of where individual isolation points are. Im pretty certain someone has it but who?

Im going to contact Irish water on Monday regardless

• Advertisement

Have water meters been installed on your street?

No. We are pretty rural where we are

No. We are pretty rural where we are

Irish water may not have anything to do with your supply then.
    Are you on a group water scheme?

Advertisement