Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

OK. So you're basing your opinion that 3000 is too low based on 23 people who were potentially killed by the vaccine.

Cool.

Also, you seem to have changed your metric a bit there. You claimed a few posts ago that it was 40,000 out of 12 billion.

Also reading the article reveals yet again you're not being super accurate with what's contained in it.

Like for instance this quote: Stephen Evans, professor of pharmacoepidemiology at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, said that so far there was "no evidence that any link between vaccination and death in these vulnerable patients is a causal one."

And also the fact that the article states that those 42,000 vaccines were being administered to a vulnerable population.

I suspect that you just quickly Googled for articles like this and it's not the basis for your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Why don’t you post the source? What else does it say that you don’t want us to see?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭hometruths

Try clicking the link to the source in the post you just quoted.

Whoops. Missed it. Apologies. From reading the article it was a non story and they were going to monitor it at the time. I base that on how a small number of deaths (23) were highlighted so early and no more was heard about it. The press would have been all over it if more than 1 in ~1800 died from the vaccine.

Post edited by Fighting Tao on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

They're absolutely bonkers, that's why they're not posting in other covid forums. They'd be a laughing stock, the sealions are back again I see.

Why, how. you're not answering my questions, but you said, you're misrepresentation of my quote... They're obsessed with trying to get people to give them an answer that they want, discussion with them is like what a person in an abusive relationship would be listening to. Absolutely ghastly carry on.

You said you'd be home by 9:30, where were you, what way did you drive home, did I say you could wear that. Who were you talking to, did you ask them this that and the other. I'f not why not. You are having an affair aren't you, I don't believe you. Why aren't you having an affair. Am I not bad enough for you to have an affair behind my back. I'd say they spend the day giving conspiracy theorists or vaccine hesitant people free rent in their heads.

Absolute nutters.

• Advertisement

Sealioning is the conspiracy theorist version of tracker mortgages. Maybe it’s time to stop highlighting how you do not understand the term.

Doesn't matter what you think, you're one of the sealions. You're in a conspiracy theorist thread and you're not discussing any conspiracy. Just going over and over the same old shoite.

There's a lot of evidence out there about the vaccines being absolutely shoite. Nearly everyone who were vaccinated caught covid. You guy's try to twist everything and, deny the fact that the vaccines are a complete failure. They even changed the meaning of vaccines in the last few years to validate the mRNA vaccines.

98% effective, take two and you'll be covered for life and oh we now need a booster, if you take a third you'll definitely not catch covid. Oh no, omnicron is more transmittable. You'll catch covid if you don't take a fourth.

It went from you will more than likely not catch covid if you're vaccinated, to if you're vaccinated you'll more than likely catch omnicron.

Instead they should have been honest and said, it's like this these experimental vaccines are a shot in the dark. We don't know if they'll work or not, but we'll try.

Instead they put the cart before the horse, I don't know why you guys aren't questioning the efficiency of the vaccines and feel you've been duped. I seriously think you're either pissed off with the system and taking it out on us, because we could see it down the line. Or else you've some kind of blind spot.

Can you not admit that you have been lied to, and the expert's were wrong with their views that these vaccines will end the pandemic.

I know for a fact a lot of people went home from the Willy Clancy week in Miltownmalbay sick with covid. Most of them were boosted and everything and they're all off work now and some are very sick.

So much for the fookin vaccines....

Your self and your vaccine extremists, really need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Throughout the whole thread ye have been over and over the same ****, 40,000 is wrong, it's this, but you said that. Absolutely moronic posting.

Just responding to the first paragraph before you continued your latest rant which I really can’t be arsed reading. I have been discussing the conspiracy and it’s difficult when conspiracy theorists don’t want to discuss it. Rather than frothing at the mouth, as I have requested…report my posts if you have an issue with them. It’s easier than giving yourself a heart attack because you don’t like what you read ont he internet.

Lol exactly what I thought, you didn't read my post, but yet you replied. You're some tool you are.

And no I won't report your post's, because it's not worth reporting.

I don't take your kind serious, because you're just some dude who likes arguing on the internet, and there's a plethora of you here.

Ye have railroaded the thread left right and center. Just a bunch of parrot's, who have a fantacy about being fact checkers.

You read my rant, I know you did and you read this one too.

Telling me to report your post's, a confident person wouldn't be so pathetic.

You're lack of self awareness is shocking, and you're useless at discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,465 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There was a study done based on the data and found there was unlikely to be a causal relationship with the vaccine, look it up (funny, I thought you might spin there next).

• Advertisement

All the related data was posted on the Covid forum, the reason the likes of yourself and others are posting here is due to the massive amounts of misinformation being shovelled which was banned.

And yet still no conspiracy being outlined, the anti-vaxxers have again posted lots of sources showing vaccines are safe or just posting their imaginary numbers or feelings on the matter.

And again he's pointing to a case where 23 deaths were suspected and scrutinized and got media attention. At the same time he's telling us they'd miss 40,000 to several million deaths.

It's grasping at Google straws.

Yep, unless they thought there was a conspiracy occurring to keep other deaths hush hush...

Which is probably why the point is being avoided like the plague.

Can't admit to believing that. Can't say that idea is false.

Can't suggest the other possibility that he's just figured something out that thousands of experts were too dumb to realise.

So he's kinda snookered himself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

"Why won't people discuss the conspiracy theories with us?"

"OK, please explain what your theory is?"

"Stop picking on us and asking awkward questions... We just want to discuss the conspiracy theory."

"Please tell us about the conspiracy."

"Nah, you're all a bunch of meanies who just repeat the same questions all the time."

"What is the conspiracy?"

"Hurmpf. I'm putting you on ignore and leaving."

"???"

Well well well, there you go no conspiracy has being outlined....

But you still won't admit that you've been duped and you won't admit that the big pharma industry lied about the efficiency of the vaccines.

We've all been lied to, by the media, the expert's etc and anyone who'd question the vaccines or have a different option was shut down.

Pretty much how you're posting here, just watering down the conversation constantly..... going over and over the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Remind me, where did you earn your medical degree?

There was a study done? But yet again you're not going to link to it? Was it extremely comprehensive by any chance?

It was and quite easy to find on the medical journal websites, anyone else feel free to PM me for it, let hometruths do their own work :)

No safety issue being outlined either.

The vaccine thread (actually, any thread these days) on the Covid forum is where efficacy can be (and is still) discussed, feel free to contribute.

If you can outline how the media and experts are lying about efficacy, then you now have a conspiracy to discuss (there is another thread on here for that, or start new one).

• Advertisement

Situation awareness is obviously something yourself and your debunkers are lacking.

You're unable for metalogical discussion, and that's why it's so frustrating for you and for your opposition.

Every thing has to be a slow drawn out discussion.

That's the difference between one side and the other.

@snowcat

You might find this interesting, it's a long clip though. Since we're on a discussion forum it's not for the debunkers. They're just anti this that and the other.

Yes people who question conspiracy theories are generally anti-bullshit.

But there's no conspiracy theory been discussed lol it's just absolute pro-bullshit.

Looking back over the last few weeks, it's stalled and stuck on the same old same old.

@Fighting Tao what direction would you prefer the conversation to go ?

Are you about being right,or are you genuinely getting into the discussion for concern about your fellow human beings, because you're interested in the topic.

If you're going for metalogical discussion, then highlight what you don't know or where you may be wrong as discussion can then go "If we assume X, then Y" where X might not be prove-able (nullzero had a good template for this that very few theorists would use as it would be admitting they don't know things from the beginning and lose their "in the know" credential they think they had). One World Order was fun, if only to see how wrong it was (it read more like the soccer transfer wishlists or result coincidences).

What tends to happen here is random thoughts and then 0 back down when proven wrong or even attempts to update the theory to match the data, conspiracy theories can be fun but most of them have turned out to be wrong (and most actual conspiracies were rarely predicted). Flat-earthism started as an internet site designed to argue the impossible (as most civilisations in the past didn't think the earth was flat or even cared that much about it), yet we have 1 poster who scoffs at things like space travel yet is deathly afraid of drawing or presenting what they think the shape of the earth is (and just outright not believing in physics).

It also doesn't help that the theorists tend towards people like trump and putin and multiple charlatans who are out to grift their money and time with that belief persisting even when the charlatan admits they're wrong (usually due to a lawsuit/trial they lost and had to pay out on). There is some posters I'd genuinely worry about as they make the lives of those around them awful as well (which comes through in some of their posts, e.g. a lot of those whose families couldn't eat out or go anywhere during the pandemic because of their own stubborn beliefs or those putting others at risk because they think everything is made up, or the group who thinks everyone else is some sort of NPC that they have to win against).

Lol look who's getting his knickers in a twist now.

Will I tell you a question:)

And then you immediately fall back to the contrarian troll persona and wonder why no one takes you seriously :)

You're just repeating yourself over and over, there's no sense to your argument. You're not taken seriously yourself. Reading your response to the 40,000 thing you're back tracking, then trying to bamboozle the person who you're responding to.

What's up is down, what's down is up, a plus is a minus, a division is a multiplication etc it's not hard to see that you're trolling too.

Not once have you made a convincing argument.

Putin this, trump that...

Your post at 10:36 say's you're getting personal and throwing up your resentments because you have been rumbled as putting personalities before principles.

You're all for medical apartheid. It's in your post at 10:36

You believe that people should have had no rights, and you were probably one of those arrogant people looking down your nose at people who had to eat outside.

Well those people are a lot braver than you and we're protecting themselves from injuries.

I have no issues with people getting vaccinated or not getting vaccinated.

Wait and see when the chicken's come home to roost. Your fact checkers cannot bury everything.

But you're burying your own head in the sand.

Times an essence.

OK, so the conspiracy is that at some future point, the data will show that there are safety issues, but you accept that all current data points to no issues?

So, the next step is who is hiding that data and what are they trying to gain from it? Then, where will the hidden data come from.

(I bet it felt good to get all that out there as well, it's taken a while even if it's anti-vax bingo)

• Advertisement

Not once have you made a convincing argument.

In fairness, he claims to have made an irrefutable argument, but the catch is you have to PM him to hear what it is!! A legend in his own PM inbox no doubt!

Advertisement