Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tolls on Cork to Dublin motorway - card payments?

Options
  • 23-04-2021 6:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭

Hey. I need to drive to Dublin next week and I was wondering about the 2 tolls - do they both accept card now? I think in the before times one of them did but the other was cash only, and the only cash I've been using for the last 13 months has been my €1 coin for trolley.

You'd hope by now that they will accept card if anyone can confirm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wavert

Fermoy toll now takes card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

wavert wrote: »
    Fermoy toll now takes card.

Yes but make sure you go to the two outer toll booths. The coin ones don't take card yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Yes but make sure you go to the two outer toll booths. The coin ones don't take card yet.

Top tip.

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Do all the tolls take a debit card now, out of interest? I had great fun on (I think) the M4 a few years ago. They could take credit card in the normal way, but for a debit card they had to write down the number and then phone the office with it, or something. I don’t remember the full details, I just remember sitting there with a queue forming behind me!

Advertisement