Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is hive with cTc timer possible ?

Options
  • 22-04-2021 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I have gas combi boiler with cTc timer. Would it be possible to retain the cTc and add hive ? Reason is, my room thermostat wasn’t connected to the combi, RGI said it wasn’t necessary, just use the +1, +2, +3hour button.
    Hive customer care told me that it’s usual for hive to replace the timer.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Hive is used to replace your current timer and room thermostat.

Hive receiver is used in place of your CTC timer.
    You (wired?) existing room stat gets wired out or removed, and replaced by a wireless Hive stat.

All functions of your CTC will now move to your Hive stat (think of the stat as a combined timer and room stat)

Then also, all functions for your heating are also on your mobile device app.

There is no reason to hang onto your CTC or stat, nor would it work (as would conflict with you new controls)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭spuddy4711

Thanks, all clear to me now, I’ll contact Bord Gais.

Advertisement