Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should i move to PAYG?

Options
  • 22-04-2021 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Have always been on billpay and never really looked into other options, plans etc but now that i have it seems a no brainier that is should move to pre pay. With 3, on 3billpay 300 for €45pm but i only use a tiny amount of available call/txt units etc. So if i go pre pay €15pm, and pay €300 for a new phone, over a few years its well worth it or am i missing something? With payg is there a minimum contract period? I want to stay with three too as coverage around here is always very good, no issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭con747

Rockfish wrote: »
    Have always been on billpay and never really looked into other options, plans etc but now that i have it seems a no brainier that is should move to pre pay. With 3, on 3billpay 300 for €45pm but i only use a tiny amount of available call/txt units etc. So if i go pre pay €15pm, and pay €300 for a new phone, over a few years its well worth it or am i missing something? With payg is there a minimum contract period? I wnat to stay with three too as coverage around here is always very good, no issues

Best for you would be the 48 network plan €10.99 a month and uses the Three network of masts. https://switcher.ie/mobiles/networks/48/

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Rockfish wrote: »
    Have always been on billpay and never really looked into other options, plans etc but now that i have it seems a no brainier that is should move to pre pay. With 3, on 3billpay 300 for €45pm but i only use a tiny amount of available call/txt units etc. So if i go pre pay €15pm, and pay €300 for a new phone, over a few years its well worth it or am i missing something? With payg is there a minimum contract period? I wnat to stay with three too as coverage around here is always very good, no issues

Try 48. Runs on three network, and is a quarter of the price monthly. Rolling contract if 30 days, so you can always go elsewhere. Tesco are an option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

So if i go pre pay €15pm

That plan is a 28 day plan with just 1GB of data. Calls and text are unlimited.
    pay €300 for a new phone
    If you're out of contract then request a phone unlock code from 3 and phone can be used on any network.
    With payg is there a minimum contract period?
    None, no commitment at all, in theory you could start using a PAYG SIM today and port the number to another network tomorrow.
    I want to stay with three too as coverage around here is always very good, no issues
    48 is probably the best value option, same coverage as 3 for 10.99 pm. Phone needs to be unlocked to use on 48.

Advertisement