Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Planning for Velux in Kitchen -

• 21-04-2021 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭ yellow hen

Planning for 3 velux in our kitchen (room of about 25m2). We need the extra light but it's a north facing kitchen and Im a bit concerned about heat loss? What are people's experiences? Would 2 be better? Is it worth upgrading to a better heat retention spec?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 31,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gumbo

yellow hen wrote: »
    Planning for 3 velux in our kitchen (room of about 25m2). We need the extra light but it's a north facing kitchen and Im a bit concerned about heat loss? What are people's experiences? Would 2 be better? Is it worth upgrading to a better heat retention spec?

I have 4 in my north facing extension.
    The space was insulated well so haven’t noticed any negative heat loss and that extension space is still the warmest in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭ yellow hen

Gumbo wrote: »
    I have 4 in my north facing extension.
    The space was insulated well so haven’t noticed any negative heat loss and that extension space is still the warmest in the house.

That's great to hear gumbo. Did you get standard spec velux or pay for superior glass?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 31,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gumbo

yellow hen wrote: »
    That's great to hear gumbo. Did you get standard spec velux or pay for superior glass?

Standard 980x780 from memory.

Advertisement