Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Nest with 2 Zones

Options
  • 21-04-2021 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hey folks.

Hopefully an easy question. I am renovating my house and having a combi boiler installed zoned for upstairs and downstairs and I want to install Google Nest.

I know little to nothing about plumbing so I'm not sure if what Google refers to as a damper is the same as a motorized valve (ref).

It looks like I need the module that connects to the boiler and then 2 nest thermostats. To those of you familiar with the setup, is this correct? Is it an easy setup. The sparks said they haven't installed Google nest before but reckon it should be handy so I just want to make sure I buy the right thing.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,986 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I just upgraded my control to smart controls. I was going for nest myself but several posters had said that they weren't happy with nest and had gone to hive. One of the biggest reasons was there is no boost function on the nest. Just thought I'd mention it

Advertisement