Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Marathon - 11th Oct 2021

Options
  • 20-04-2021 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Anyone planning on entering? $280 is a bit steep with still a lot of uncertainty:

Entry fees for the Boston Marathon cannot be transferred, deferred to a future year, and only those who elect to purchase registration insurance may be eligible for refunds.

If they cancel due to Covid it appears there will be no refunds issued. I am thinking the April 2022 marathon would be a safer bet to apply. I have a 2:57:xx marathon time from Dublin 2019. Would you think this would be in the qualifying window for the 2022 marathon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

I'm not going to risk it this year as there are too many unknowns still and I can't afford to put aside the entry fee at the moment.

It will depend on your age group and how many other people enter. You could be in a better place if the entry number are low this year due to covid but it's a guessing game right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

I am giving it a miss too. I am reluctant to commit to training with so many unknowns and variables at the minute. I would guess that most potential international entrants are thinking the same.

The 2019 time might be ok if the 2022 race returns to Patriots Day given the lack of qualifying events but who knows what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭P.C.Plod

I’ve been accepted into it. Looking forward to it now. You could get insurance for an extra -$18 to cover cancellation. Looking for advice on hotels, expo etc... if anyone can provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

I'm going again (never learn!), but as I'm based in NJ it's a limited risk for me.
    P.C.Plod wrote: »
    I’ve been accepted into it. Looking forward to it now. You could get insurance for an extra -$18 to cover cancellation. Looking for advice on hotels, expo etc... if anyone can provide.

I don't know that anyone can give advice this year as it's pretty much unprecedented. There's a rolling start with busing based on start time, no athletes village, and I'd guess a limited expo.

Doubt there will be any good deals on hotels in the city. My booking is eye wateringly expensive. It's a holiday (Columbus Day) so I'd book early.

Advertisement