Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voodoo Bizango

• 20-04-2021 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with this bike?

Seems to get great reviews as an entry level bike and halfords are down as the sole stockists but it doesn't appear on their website. I've have called a few times but it's the usual call centre, who are generally unhelpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 joycer

I would say they are probably sold out of them all and thats why they are no longer on their website.

I managed to buy one back in February (I think they only had 2 in the shop) and they don't have them on display either. They build the bike when you buy it.

Its my first mountain bike so I don't really have anything else to compare it too, but I'm happy very with it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭cmyk

Thanks Joycer, yep it's strange that they don't state that it's just out of stock considering it's won so many accolades. Was leading me to think it was dis-continued.

I might spin up to Carrickmines and have a quick chat with them so. Glad you're enjoying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 joycer

Yeah, for its price range, I think it usually comes out as the top rated bike.

The lad in the shop said he would change two things on it:

1. Go tubeless (I haven't done this)
    2. Get a dropper post (I done this and I think its great!).

Bit of an update on this, went into Halfords in Carrickmines, they'd never heard of the bike? Which is strange considering how well thought of it seems to be.

He could only find the e-bizango and concluded the regular bike is dis-continued.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭comanche_cor

Think should ring around a few other store - may have just been trying to sell you what he has in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭cletus

cmyk wrote: »
    Bit of an update on this, went into Halfords in Carrickmines, they'd never heard of the bike? Which is strange considering how well thought of it seems to be.

He could only find the e-bizango and concluded the regular bike is dis-continued.

This is neither odd, nor strange. Staffing abilities vary hugely in Halfords. Very often the person you are talking to will have no expertise in the area of the shop in which they are serving, and while they're selling bikes today, could be selling car stereos tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'd have to agree with that. Very much depends who you get.

beauf wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with that. Very much depends who you get.

Yep I don't really believe they're dis-continued either but I've phoned 3 times too and all you get is a central switch who can only tell me the same as the website does.

Upshot is I'm just going to wait for a vitus nucleus now instead, really frustrating thing is I missed out on one by taking the trip to Halfords 😡

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I like booking repairs in Halfords as they used to have a system. Better than the local shop where I have to call in or ring a zillion times to ask is it done yet, just abysmal.

But it seems like Halfords just switched to a central switchboard and its a joke. utter shambles now. The guy on the helpdesk, couldn't look up or do anything completely pointless.
    I got the impression he wasn't in Ireland, didn't know the system, the system didn't work, didn't know one end a bicycle from another. Or one end of a computer from another.
    After 15mins of getting nowhere I hung up. Just went back to the store and made a booking there.

Advertisement