Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are fixies dangerous?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

They seem to be BANNED in Singapore but no reason given in the article. I wonder why?
    The post added that brakeless fixed-gear bicycles are banned and illegal to be used on Singapore roads

its fairly obvious i think

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You can't ride brakes bikes here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

...Do the pedals keep spinning when you try to free wheel?...
    Yes - the clue is in the name.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

No, they're not dangerous. I ride one every day. I've put brakes on it but I rarely need to use them.
    The fixed in fixed gear means you can't freewheel.
    I feel safer around town on my fixie than my geared, freewheeling, braked bikes. I have much more control on it than my geared bike, 1 extra brake for a start! You're much more connected to your bike and able to moderate speed on a fixie.

Advertisement