Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrix questions

Options
  • 18-04-2021 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi people, I've a couple of questions-

I'd like to replace the fuse box that is connected to the leisure battery in my camper (1992 Dethleffs on Fiat ducato base). Can anyone tell me if it's possible to swap the old one with the newer fuse box (picture attached).

Secondly, I'm never sure if my solar panel is doing anything! The dial in the control panel sometimes moves when I flick the light switch. How do I find out if it's working and connected to any battery?

Hoping I'll get the answers here. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Hi deebee, I moved the post to a new thread to leave the zombie to rest.

Yes definitely change the fuse box that old one you have is the worst kind in existence. They corrode and fuses just fall outtov them.
    The replacement you have isn't suitable because it's a common in. You need an isolated one.

That calira meter is junk.
    Here's a better one.

In terms of seeing if the panel works you can test it no load with a DMM. Check youtoob for how.
    If it's charging the battery the voltage oughta rise above 12.8V no load. If it's undersized, shaded or covered in dirt it might not.

Advertisement