Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens jeans

Options
  • 18-04-2021 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hey folks. Recommendations on good quality hard wearing jeans? I wear through the crotch of my jeans at an awful rate. Don't care about brand names and am more than happy to pay between 100-200 if they'll last more than a year. Boot cut and not rediculously tight (where did this awful trend come from and when will it leave?). Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Diesel, they last forever and have some nice fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Sound. Pair ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

Diesel Ireland or the proper Diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

This was done already. Check this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm having the same problem and don't know what's causing it.
    Been through a few diesel jeans. Got a pair of Carhartt jeans now. Will see how many months I get out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That thread had 5 pages. Look it up, can't find it carry on.

Sorry to butt (!) in

shawki wrote: »
    Diesel Ireland or the proper Diesel?

The expensive Italian ones they sell in Arnott's.

fizzypish wrote: »
    Sound. Pair ordered!

My favourite jeans are diesel and I've had them about 5 years and still look like they're new. Prob cost 160 euros though.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

fizzypish wrote: »
    Hey folks. Recommendations on good quality hard wearing jeans? I wear through the crotch of my jeans at an awful rate. Don't care about brand names and am more than happy to pay between 100-200 if they'll last more than a year. Boot cut and not rediculously tight (where did this awful trend come from and when will it leave?). Cheers!

Looking for work jeans?

F&F jeans in Tesco for 12 euro. No color change or shrink after hot wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,852 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I personally like superdry jeans they wear really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Gorgonzaga

Some of the best jeans out there. Better bring your wallet with you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭bren2001

My favourite jeans are diesel and I've had them about 5 years and still look like they're new. Prob cost 160 euros though.

I find Diesel jeans extremely comfortable but they suffer the same crotch blowout fate as every other pair of jeans I own. They're very expensive in Arnotts etc. but I picked up a pair in SportsDirect for half the price the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Tommy hilfiger - scanton.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

What the hell are you doing with your crotch? I've never had this happen with any pair of jeans.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm traditional or boring. :D So I'm a Levi's chap. 501's or 511's. They do fit me, though I'm thin and they seem to be more for the skinny? Get a good pair from factories in Turkey or Japan(UK made ones were good too, until they closed the factory there. Not China or India. Not as good quality) and they last for donkey's years. I've two pairs of 501's I bought in the 90's and they're still going strong.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I'm having the same problem and don't know what's causing it.
    Been through a few diesel jeans. Got a pair of Carhartt jeans now. Will see how many months I get out of them.

Entirely empirical observation - seems to happen when you walk a lot and/or use public transport such as the train or tram, where you're likely to "lean on" the handrails and window sills.

Chairs also seem to make a difference - whenever I had a leather or PU chair at work, jeans lasted forever; Cloth or one of these "ergonomic" (read: impossibly uncomfortable) ones with the awful awful awful "mesh" seat, they're basically sandpaper.

Again, this is entirely empirical observation :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

bren2001 wrote: »
    I find Diesel jeans extremely comfortable but they suffer the same crotch blowout fate as every other pair of jeans I own. They're very expensive in Arnotts etc. but I picked up a pair in SportsDirect for half the price the other day.

SportsDirect Diesel is outlet-grade, e.g. deliberately crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭bren2001

L1011 wrote: »
    SportsDirect Diesel is outlet-grade, e.g. deliberately crap.

I'm usually quite wary of SD but I compared them to a pair I bought in Brown Thomas last year. They're identical in terms of fabric etc. If there is a flaw in them somewhere, I cannot see it and I couldn't care less as they were half the price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Amazon of all places have various brands, got a pair of 501s last week for 80 euro delivered (Prime)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I've recently been converted to stretchy jeans, have a couple of pairs of Gap and Hollister ones...

life changing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Iderown

eeloe wrote: »
    I've recently been converted to stretchy jeans, have a couple of pairs of Gap and Hollister ones...

life changing.
    The stretch skinny types seem to feel warmer on my old legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

• Registered Users Posts: 2 H.Dowling

Hilfiger Jeans. They are really good and sit perfect on the waist. Dark indigo blue is a good color.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Bootcut???

Jaysus, I thought they died a death years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Marks and Spencers stretch slim-fit dark denims are a fantastic shape and fit for most body shapes, form fitting without being clingy, fully flexible, they come excellent long and short leg sizes to suit different looks and body types and they're well made, durable if you plan to work in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I have a pair of Iron Heart jeans, heavy duty, will last a lot longer and look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Colliewollie

Not if you have size 15 feet.. Look much better, for me personally at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I get mine in pennys. They're the only ones that have a stretchable crotch.

Advertisement