Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing conduit corners

Options
  • 18-04-2021 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I was doing some work in a shed and noticed some issues with the installation of cabling which was done many many years ago.
    Basically there is no conduit providing mechanical protection at any of the corners. It seems that at the time they used something that I think was called electricians gum - basically a sealant to prevent ingress into the conduit.

I was wondering if there is anything on the market which would allow me to put some type of mechanical protection on these corners without having to re-pull the cable as it would be a very awkward task. The cable itself is heavy gauge - not sure what as there is nothing visible for me to see the stamp - but it is carry power to the consumer unit.

Thanks.

Comments

Fairly rough work but you could slip some split conduit over the corners to tidy it up.

Advertisement