Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fluke dose

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Going to give the ewes a fluke dose this week. Looking at the SCOPS website they recommend either Albendazole or Oxyclozanide for Spring/Summer.

https://www.scops.org.uk/workspace/pdfs/flukicide-kill-rate-table_1.pdf

Locally I can get Zanil which is Oxyclozanide or Albex which is Albendazole.

Thoughts?

I gave mine Levafas yesterday, which is Oxyclozanide.
    It’s late, I should have done them sooner - but to be honest I was humming and hawing about selling some more...

Why Levafas - that’s what I had to be honest. I wanted a dose for mature fluke and that’s what they in store...
    I won’t comment on either product above, as I don’t know enough.

Fluke and dosing is something I must look at a bit more actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭eire23

Probbaly be safe enough using zanil this time of year, only covers mature fluke. albex is a combined fluke and wormer I think.. For that reason I'd avoid using it on ewes as they don't need worming.
    Did you use a closantel based dose this year? Or a rafoxanide, it does mature and immature as well.

Ok that's sound, yeah I've used Closantel already. I was iffy about using Albex for the same reason, I'm not fond of combos.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭eire23

I normally use a triclabendazole in october/November amd then a closantel then as a follow up dose in jan/feb That does me for the year but each farm is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Didn’t do the ewes for fluke last winter. Took a sample shortly after housing and vet said it was clean. Took another sample recently and it was high enough for fluke. Dosed them Friday with solantel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OneMan37

A vet recommended me to dose a sickly ewe with Levafas Diamond last week. Had to buy 4 liters as didn't have any 2.5 in stock and with 80 ewes I thought 1litre is a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭clonagh

Dosed ewes with Endofluke yesterday (contains triclabendazole) and gave the odd dirty one a Wormall dose.

Advertisement