Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir Gigabit Fibre Broadband - "from €29.99 a month..."

Options
  • 18-04-2021 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Does anyone else find this just a bit misleading? Their 150Mb fibre is €29.99/month and the proper actual true "gigabit" product (1Gb) is €49.99/month.

Complete chancers, I don't how the can get away with advertising the gigabit product "from 29.99" - it's not even close.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

fixxation wrote: »
    Does anyone else find this just a bit misleading? Their 150Mb fibre is €29.99/month and the proper actual true "gigabit" product (1Gb) is €49.99/month.

Complete chancers, I don't how the can get away with advertising the gigabit product "from 29.99" - it's not even close.

As much as I dont like Eir, no not in the slightest.

Like any other company they will always start their price offerings at the lowest price.

30 euro a month to get 150 or 500Mb is an incredible price. There are over 500k people in ireland paying far more for less speeds simply because fibre isn't even available and they've to use Wisps.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭fixxation

joe123 wrote: »
    As much as I dont like Eir, no not in the slightest.

Like any other company they will always start their price offerings at the lowest price.

30 euro a month to get 150 or 500Mb is an incredible price. There are over 500k people in ireland paying far more for less speeds simply because fibre isn't even available and they've to use Wisps.

I'd agree that 30/month for broadband 150Mb is a fantastic price.

Still find the above very misleading though. If it were worded "fibre from 29.99" then that's fine, as it could be any speed starting from that price... but it's not. It's worded "gigabit [speed] from 29.99" which isn't the case. No-one is selling gigabit 1000Mb/sec for 29.99... to me this is false advertising/clickbait.

Advertisement