Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that have a saddle test service

Options
  • 18-04-2021 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Does anybody know of any bike shops in the Dublin area that allow you to test a few road saddles before purchasing ?

The closest option I could find was Specialized, which offers a 30-day returns policy, once the saddle is not marked.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭MangleBadger

bwdbwd wrote: »
    Does anybody know of any bike shops in the Dublin area that allow you to test a few road saddles before purchasing ?

The closest option I could find was Specialized, which offers a 30-day returns policy, once the saddle is not marked.

Thanks
    I’m pretty sure cycle superstore do. I called and asked about the service and they said to call on down. I never actually took them up on the offer so can’t give any more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

bwdbwd wrote: »

Thanks

I went on the hunt for just such a service recently and I found out that bike-fit guru Aidan Hammond is an official test centre for Selle Italia. I'm not sure what your budget is, the SMP range in particular is pricey enough - but that makes a test-before-you-buy service even more important I guess.

I was having trouble with saddle sores for a couple of years and Aidan suggested a zoom bike fit first just to assess my current position, and within the first 30 seconds of the call he saw that my saddle wasn't quite level and that it was fractionally too high. I adjusted it accordingly and it's improved comfort HUGELY just by doing that so I'm happy to carry on with the saddle I have now.
    If I had wanted to try one he had test saddles in stock and he would have posted one out to me to try.

Aidan Hamond : https://bikefittingireland.com/

Highly, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^^^^^^
    Top man, Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Bontrager (Trek's accessory brand) offer a 30-day money back guarantee - if you're not satisfied with anything of theirs that you bought separately (the offer doesn't apply to the Bontrager parts that come on new Treks), you can return it for a full refund.

Advertisement