Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Shrink Tubing

Options
  • 17-04-2021 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

I have a barcode scanner that the insulation has failed on, but i cannot use Heat Shrink Tubing as the scanner is on one end and there's an attachment on the other end for connecting to a cash register.

So i cannot get the tubing on and if i were to use a large enough tubing it would not shrink enough. I have used various insulation tapes but they all fail after a few weeks.

Is there any alternatives to tape or tubing I am unaware of?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Would some self amalgamating tape do the job?
    johndoe99 wrote: »
    I have a barcode scanner that the insulation has failed on, but i cannot use Heat Shrink Tubing as the scanner is on one end and there's an attachment on the other end for connecting to a cash register.

So i cannot get the tubing on and if i were to use a large enough tubing it would not shrink enough. I have used various insulation tapes but they all fail after a few weeks.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

johndoe99 wrote: »

Thanks

Would this work? https://sugru.com/buy/sugru-mouldable-glue

I have used for something similar. Not sure how reliable for heavy use though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

If the insulation has failed through use or damage, the wire if not far behind failing too. Replace entire cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

whizbang wrote: »
    If the insulation has failed through use or damage, the wire if not far behind failing too. Replace entire cable.

thanks, i just got the manual online, and discovered there's hole (paper clip in) and the cable comes away and a replacement cable cost €10 on amazon.

Thanks all that replied.

Advertisement