Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorised valve

Options
  • 17-04-2021 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a Climote heating system with 3 zones (upstairs, downstairs, water) and in the hot press there are 3 x EPH Detach Pro units (model V221P).

These 3 units were installed around 2/2.5 years ago and recently (2 months ago) the one that controls the hot water stopped working. Now it appears the other 2 won't open when I boost the climote for heating.

Do these devices have a short lifespan or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭John.G

Up to 10 years or so would be normal enough I would say like mine, still going strong. It would seem unusual that all 3 are failed ~ the same time.
    If you can use a multimeter follow the lead from one back to its nearest wiring center and with power "on" via programmer/boost and room or cylinder stat etc check for 230V between the brown wire and neutral (or earth), if no 230V then not a faulty actuator.

Think these have a power on LED as well.

Advertisement