Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due December 2021

• 17-04-2021 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi :) I couldn't find a thread so thought I would post one. Found out we are expecting mid December 2021. Very early days but excited nonetheless! We had our first baby June 2020 so we will have our hands full!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

So exciting!!! :) Congratulations to you both!!

I'm due mid-December too (the 16th) and it's my first baby so this is all new to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Hi everyone, I just found out I'm pregnant, baby no.5, total surprise as I have a 4 month old!!!
    Booked in for an early scan, I've always done it so not going to change now. Tiredness is really starting to kick in now. How are ye all feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SuziXX

Hi Ladies, can I join ye?!
    I’m just over 9 weeks pregnant with my 1st baby, I had a miscarriage last year and so far a fairly symptomless pregnancy or at least much less symptoms then I expected! I had an early scan at 7weeks 4 days my doc referred me due to previous mc and my nervousness over my lack of symptoms. I’m going public in cork. I worry a lot about the lack of sickness so I can’t wait to be over the 12 weeks! How’s everyone feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tiswhattis

Hi Ladies,

I'm due on Dec 8th (nearly 15 weeks gone). I miscarried at the start of the year so I am pretty nervous.

My GP referred me to the Rotunda but I have had no booking in appt or contact from the Rotunda at all. I called to check the other day and was told they can't make appts due to the hack.

Might go for a private scan to see all is OK but my GP said to me it might be better to only get my scans in the hospital in case something is wrong again so I am torn...

Have ye had ye're booking in appts yet?

I had my booking scan last Thursday week at 12 weeks 5 days in cumh, my referral and appointments came before the hack though.
    I don’t see why your doctor wouldn’t recommend you have a private scan while your waiting?
    We had one at 10 weeks as I had a miss last year and I was worried about getting bad news at the 12 week scan alone. Partners are allowed in for the private ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tiswhattis

Have booked a scan in Ultrasound Ireland for Saturday afternoon. Nervous but excited. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Amadan Dubh

We're due end December, with our first. I'm actually the man however but I assume it's okay to post.

We have had a pretty rough ride so far (I won't go into details unless someone wants reassurance) but baby seems perfect in terms of size, heartbeat etc. Harmony scan tomorrow which I am hoping will be all good.

One ridiculous thing we've experienced is the ban on partners going to scans. I managed to talk my way into one of them but had to tell a pretty terrible lie to get past security. That was around a month ago but unfortunately the ban still applies. Is there any sign of this ban being lifted? Holles St is where we're being seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Best of luck everyone! I'm due on 12th December though baby will be induced around the last week of November. Got the results of the harmony which were all low risk thankfully. We found out it's a little girl too!

She's my third. My first son was sadly stillborn in 2015 at 42 weeks. My second son was induced at 37+4 in 2017 and is now an amazing healthy 4 year old. We've had 5 rounds of ivf since him with nothing beyond a chemical pregnancy. Was planning another round in July and then donor egg in December and then this just happened!

Thrilled and nervous and all the emotions!

Congratulations Thumpette and everyone! Have most of you decided to get the harmony test? It’s my 1st baby and no one I’ve met so far has said anything about having it done, I’d also really like to do the antenatal classes in person I wonder is that likely by the time I’m over 30 weeks ! Are their usually a few classes or one long 8 hour class?

SuziXX wrote: »
    Congratulations Thumpette and everyone! Have most of you decided to get the harmony test? It’s my 1st baby and no one I’ve met so far has said anything about having it done, I’d also really like to do the antenatal classes in person I wonder is that likely by the time I’m over 30 weeks ! Are their usually a few classes or one long 8 hour class?

Congratulations!

I only did Harmony this time because I'm 38 now and so higher risk. It's nice to find out gender so early too if you plan to! It's given me a bit of reassurance that so far everything is good. It's nice to have but deffo not nessesary.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I think there is a window of time for the Harmony test Suzi....someone correct me, is it 9-12 weeks, or 10-15 weeks?I cannot remember.
    Delighted for you Thumpette.The absolute best of luck.

shesty wrote: »
    I think there is a window of time for the Harmony test Suzi....someone correct me, is it 9-12 weeks, or 10-15 weeks?I cannot remember.
    Delighted for you Thumpette.The absolute best of luck.

Thank you so much ♥️

Harmony is from 10, don't think there's a definate upper limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Congrats Thumpette, greats news. This is my 5th pregnancy, in limerick there was never a 20 week scan until this time, it was always 31 weeks. Still no partners allowed for scans on antenatal clinics but to be honest even the nurse doing the bloods it has all been very calm with nobody bringing in kids or people bringing partner and parents! There was lots of times when men often stayed sitting while pregnant women stood. It's definitely time partners were allowed in for scans and visiting. I had my booking appointment this week at 12 + 6, all looks good,baby was pushing it's legs bouncing and moving it's arms.

Hi Ladies, has anyone started looking at travel systems/prams yet? I had a look in Bella baby the other day and she said I would want to get a deposit down now! I’m looking at uppa baby vista travel system have ye started looking/buying yet? Any tips?!

Advertisement