Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kilbride Range Via Bohernabreena Reservoir

• 17-04-2021 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi I live near bohernabreena reservoir and I've been spending alot of time during the pandemic walking around it and Im looking to go further a field. Does anybody know of a trail/route to access the Kilbride Range Via the reservoir. I see Corrig most days but can't find a way to walk up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

pikebishop wrote: »
    Hi I live near bohernabreena reservoir and I've been spending alot of time during the pandemic walking around it and Im looking to go further a field. Does anybody know of a trail/route to access the Kilbride Range Via the reservoir. I see Corrig most days but can't find a way to walk up.

There's a trail to Seahan from the NNE on openstreetmap. I haven't used it myself.
    That whole area has lots of bogholes and that side is particularly steep so you might have more fun getting up to the ridge from the stone cross or kippure sides. The range itself is army property and dangerous to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pikebishop

thanks I'll have a look. I hopefully wont trespass on Army property but trying to see if I can access those hills without having to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

pikebishop wrote: »
    thanks I'll have a look. I hopefully wont trespass on Army property but trying to see if I can access those hills without having to drive.

You could hike a bike up to the mast, there are two tracks up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Follow the Dodder Action group on Facebook, they do a source to sea walk around May/June every year. Starts up in Kippure. You don't have to do the whole lot and you'll find some very knowledgeable hikers in the group who can tell you all the good trails along the Kippure to Ballinascorney/Bohernabreena section.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The Dublin Mountains Partnership did guided hikes including on from the Reservoir car park up to Corrig, Seehan etc. There is a trail but you have to pass through a farmyard. The word is the farmer is (or was) happy to have respectful and friendly people passing through to access the trail. If you follow the DMP group on facebook you might find an old image of the route on their photos page.

• Advertisement

thanks I could this. could you give me some directions to the mast.

thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement