Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have any experience with Veloci Spirit bike?

Options
  • 17-04-2021 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

I saw an ad in the Irish Independent and immediately noticed the "Save €1000" for this bike at €1500. Qualifies for the cycle to work scheme too but I cant find any reviews apart from the Irish Independent which is a bit odd. Belgian company probably made in China. Anyone have one?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

in the irish independent, their own reviewer reckons it's good but not great value - and that's reviewed at €1.500. forget the 'originally €2,500' claim:

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/veloci-spirit-ebike-is-a-good-ride-but-on-the-pricey-side-40104027.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Can't see it now, but there was a thread about this bike (and the Indo. offer) a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭breadbin

It must be pretty bad if he thinks €1500 is too expensive for an e-bikeðŸ˜. I'll have another look for the thread on here about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

breadbin wrote: »
    It must be pretty bad if he thinks €1500 is too expensive for an e-bikeðŸ˜
    he did not appear to be a regular reviewer of bikes or know the going rate for an electric bike. He gave no indication why he thought it was overpriced. He says "they are pricey" not "it is pricey", and seems to own an electric scooter which are typically cheaper so likely to be comparing it to that (and I would guess likely to be illegally using it on roads)

The 2500 figure is bogus marketing. It is that price on the manufacturer website but 1500 everywhere else I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

Have made about 6 calls to customer care and promised to solve my proble

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,420 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what's your problem?

Advertisement