Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divorce

Options
  • 17-04-2021 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Good morning everyone, has anyone any advice regarding maintenance. My partner is separated almost seven years and is now in process of divorce as we are getting married. They always agreed between them maintenance and access, usual stuff, every second weekend and half of Christmas medical school. This is where it is tricky, they had two children together then got married, she had an affair and when they came back off honeymoon she was pregnant for another man,. My partner stayed with her to try make marriage work his name was put on birth certificate but after about 1.5 years he felt he couldn't trust her a left and moved back to his Hometown a two hour drive . He earns 600 weekly and pays 100 for two children 50 each. He spends 80 every two weeks on a (10 hour drive both ways) on diesel and tolls to bring children for access, has asked I'd she could meet half way and she wont (he sleeps in his dad's house with them as I have children in my house and their isn't enough bedroom s, we spend the days together but no t nights, he takes them for two full weeks every year. The paternity of the child has been kept secret up to now however she decided to tell the children a few weeks ago . The eldest is 14, then 12 and the child that's not biological his is 7. He always brings this child for access with him if she wants to go, she's a cute little girl and loves him dearly ., Legally for the divorce they have been representing themselves as their was no house involved however he was shocked to see that she is now looking for another 70 a week in maintainence to incorporate the third child and wants him to see the children every week, it's a five hour round trip to the children's home and back. he works every second weekend so only has one day to himself every two weeks. The eldest child has mild form of autism but is getting on well socially in first year, she used a excuse in court to say she needed extra money because the eldest child had trouble sleeping and was taking medication to help with it, this was confirmed later by child that he hasn't taken it last 5 months. so basically two children can't share a room so she needs a bigger house . She is currently renting My questions are can she legally look for maintenance for the third child if my partner has been a dad to her? Any advice would be great as to what way to approach this. We can't afford another 70 as I'm recently divorced and had to buy my husband out to keep the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You can't get legal advice here, but you clearly need some. There's also a separation and divorce forum on here that would be worth checking out for similar experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭AnRothar

Jessy g wrote: »
    Good morning everyone, has anyone any advice regarding maintenance.

, she had an affair and when they came back off honeymoon she was pregnant for another man,. My partner stayed with her to try make marriage work his name was put on birth certificate
    My questions are can she legally look for maintenance for the third child if my partner has been a dad to her?

Biology has no place in this discussion.
    He put his name on the birth cert so in the eyes of the law he is the child's father.

Get proper legal advice.

Advertisement