Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Drogheda (Highlands) with a child

Options
  • 17-04-2021 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I’m planing to move to Drogheda after 3 years living in Dublin.
    I found some nice houses in the Highlands estate (Rathmullen Road) but I don’t know much about the area (seems nice on StreetView though).
    Is it a good area to live and raise a child? How are primary schools? Anything I should avoid?

I heard a few things about drug problems in Drogheda, but is it something that happens only in the town or does it spreads around the city?

Thank you very much for any information :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

rafagil wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m planing to move to Drogheda after 3 years living in Dublin.
    I found some nice houses in the Highlands estate (Rathmullen Road) but I don’t know much about the area (seems nice on StreetView though).
    Is it a good area to live and raise a child? How are primary schools? Anything I should avoid?

I heard a few things about drug problems in Drogheda, but is it something that happens only in the town or does it spreads around the city?

Thank you very much for any information :)

Hi Rafagil, I live in Highlands, is generally a good estate, good mix of ages, lot's of young children around out playing.

There is St John's/St Pauls primary school less than a mile from the estate, St Olivers Secondary school just around the corner. Further primary schools close by in Donore and Tullyallen.

Estate is close to the Boardwalk/Ramparts by the River Boyne and to Oldbridge (Battle of the boyne site). Less than a mile to the town and close to Retail parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gdbjoe

Moving to Drogheda too (with no child though :-)) was wondering which would be the best area where to settle down / area to avoid.

g

Advertisement