Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

St Pats

Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ carr62

Hi, my daughter is hoping to start a Primary Teaching degree in St Pats in September and we really not sure about accommodation. Assuming students will be back on campus ( who knows!) she will have to find accommodation as we are not in commuting distance. Has anyone stayed in the St Pats campus? We really dont like what weve read about it being very old, with a shower/ toilet between 8 people! The other DCU campuses have ensuite facilities and seem far newer, but would she miss out on making friends etc if she wasnt on the St Pats campus? Do any St Pats students stay in other campuses? Would really welcome any advice as she wont know anyone attending the college and isnt familiar with Dublin. Thanks.

Comments

• carr62 wrote: »
    Hi, my daughter is hoping to start a Primary Teaching degree in St Pats in September and we really not sure about accommodation. Assuming students will be back on campus ( who knows!) she will have to find accommodation as we are not in commuting distance. Has anyone stayed in the St Pats campus? We really dont like what weve read about it being very old, with a shower/ toilet between 8 people! The other DCU campuses have ensuite facilities and seem far newer, but would she miss out on making friends etc if she wasnt on the St Pats campus? Do any St Pats students stay in other campuses? Would really welcome any advice as she wont know anyone attending the college and isnt familiar with Dublin. Thanks.

Accomodation around the DCU campus is pretty good. Although it has been a while since I have lived in it! Now that St Pat's and DCU are joined up more closely, I would expect that more students are split across the two different campuses. Someone with more recent experience might be able to give a better idea, but I suspect there would be more happening at DCU in the evenings and she might be better off there from a social aspect.

Advertisement