Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

A couple of airtightness questions

• 16-04-2021 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭ briaineo

Hi

Just wondering the best way to airtight the junction between the floor screed and external walls: I have 1 inch of insulation between the screed and external wall.

I’m thinking tape won’t adhere to well to the screed, fleece and airtight paint another option?

Anyone fitted the airtight hoods for downlighters with no access from above? Flat roof minimal void.
    Should I install them at the same time as the membrane and just let them sit in the membrane until the slabs go up?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,666 ✭✭✭✭ listermint

Orcon f and contega SL tape should adhere perfectly fine the orcon f is designed for uneven block surfaces and concrete.

Advertisement