Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

My board game genesis

• 16-04-2021 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭ LorenzoB

Never a fan of Monopoly, my first gamrs were Game of Life and then the Business Game. Some Risk, then Escape from Colditz, the first proper board game for me, which I still own and play. Then I got red box D n D, so board games went away for years.

Until I started going to conventions and found Diplomacy, Macchiavelli, and Pit!

In the 80s I found Chill, Blood Bowl, Civilisation, Merchant of Venus. I had Leading Edge Aliens with minis which I sold for the price of a foreign holiday 10 years ago.

I dropped off the hobby until the 2000s and only got back in with worker placement and the rise of Euro games, along with a settled life style and some spare cash and free time.

Now it is like an illness - I have c85 games now - a couple of grand investment and my favourites are Gory to Rome, Scythe, Gloomhaven, Roborally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ Greyjoy

It was a bunch of Milton Bradley games back in the 80s that put me on this path: Thunder Road, Shogun and the classic combo of Heroquest and Space Crusade. I had Escape from Colditz as well though since I had to remember the rules for my friends I always ended up as the commandant which meant I was really only stalling the other players until one of them won the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭ LorenzoB

I forgot Space Crusade. Had painted all the pieces. And I still have a copy of Thunder Road, which I think was made in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭ Paddy Samurai

Loved boardgames as a kid before discovering risk in the 80s.Played the hell out of basic risk and castle risk for a few years.Also escape from colditz and hero quest made the odd appearance
    Since then played a bit when the opportunity arose up to around 2008 when it became a serious hobby/addiction.
    Since then way to many games bought.

Advertisement