Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference between Mercer and Irish life?

Options
  • 16-04-2021 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Would anyone be able to advise for some who's new to pensions. Do both of these have company pensions / personal pensions. Mercer sounds more like an advisor but I'm not sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

ulster wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to advise for some who's new to pensions. Do both of these have company pensions / personal pensions. Mercer sounds more like an advisor but I'm not sure.

Mercer have two businesses. One is an advisor, and the other is a pension scheme administrator. The administration business looks after large employer schemes where the funds are invested with an investment manager, and mercer look after all the member statements and admin, etc.

I think they might also have a deal with Zurich where Zurich rebrand some of their products as mercer products.

Advertisement