Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worcester gas boiler...pressue dropping

Options
  • 16-04-2021 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭

The Worcester gas Boiler is from 2012. Never any real trouble with it. The capacitator died in the receiver last year but I replaced that myself..easy job.

Now, last weekend I notice the towel radiator was stone cold but the other rads working. Went to bleed it. A lot of air which gradually stopped but no water. Went to boiler and pressue gauge at flat- zero pressue. Filled the tank up to 1.5-2 bar. Went back and bled the rad some more until water appeared. Reheated up grand. Topped up boiler as the pressure had dropped due to the bleeding.

Now, a few times over the past week the pressure is at zero. Fill it up but within 24 hours it is back down.

The entire central heating system was replaced for new 2 years and the boiler recommissioned.

I want to rule out (God forbid) a water leak somewhere but there is zero evidence of any leaking from the rad connections. I dread to think there is leaking pipes under floorboards or behind walls. Again no visual evidence of leaks anywhere.

What can I do myself before having to call out a plumber!!

Advertisement