Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imersion not heating water

Options
  • 16-04-2021 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

How all.
    Finished with stove no problem heating water switched to imersion but no hot water. Called plumber and he set imersion to highest setting . Plenty of hot water but only worked once. Now again no hot water with imersion. Tried setting imersion again but no joy. Plumber gone 2 UK for funeral.
    Anyone any ideas .thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Is it not heating for both Sink or Bath settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭John.G

It may have a hi limit thermostat which will operate if the normal control stat is faulty, if no reset (for hi limit stat) in the cover then remove cover to see/look for it.
    Maybe this is what you meant by "tried setting immersion again".

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SLIPPERY FROG

Hi all
    No hot water anywhere. I have the imersion on a timer. Ive taken off the cover and moved a plastic dial from 3 to 5. No luck.. still cold water. Power coming to imersion. I am at a loss to know the problem. Any ideas people. Thanks In advance.

Is it a top mounted (attachment) or a side mounted immersion?.

Hi all.
    This is what I'm looking at.
    Red switch on imersion twisted still no go
    Help please.

• Advertisement

I think first photo shows time clock for electric immersion, presume you have tried this on constant on, dont know what red "switch" on immersion is, it might be just a cover which you remove to press a overtemp thermostat reset button?, is there something written on it?.

Yes. The red switch has numbers 1 to 5 the plumber set it at 5 and it worked perfect but when I put it on again it didn't work. As I said plumber in UK
    I think it is sommit simple but i can't work it out.
    Any ideas anyone

Can you remove the blue cover (isolate/switch off immersion first) and take a photo of the internals.

Has the time switch any indicating LED telling you have power?.

As a rough thermostat test you should/might hear it clicking on/off as you rotate the temperature setting.

Hi
    All wires don't wana mess with them. That a better pic of wat in looking at power light on but not heating water.

Advertisement