Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt in UK

Options
  • 16-04-2021 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭

Quick question. Can an outstanding debt in The UK be chased up in the courts here??? Small amount 2k sterling I think Is involved. The charge itself was queried back when it arose but they insisted it be paid. An Irish legal firm has written to us threatening legal action here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

adam88 wrote: »
    Quick question. Can an outstanding debt in The UK be chased up in the courts here??? Small amount 2k sterling I think Is involved. The charge itself was queried back when it arose but they insisted it be paid. An Irish legal firm has written to us threatening legal action here.

Not sure but if its in the hands of cabot for example it may end up on your CCR reports and affect lending ability in the future.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Yes. Debt follows you. The lender probably used social media to track you down and sold the debt to the people who are now threatening legal action.
    adam88 wrote: »

Advertisement