Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant admit defy advanced 2 2020 Rear hub issues

Options
  • 16-04-2021 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Basically, my stock wheels on my defy advanced 2 2020 were giving me issues. The rear hub.

Had it in the shop twice and they can't get it off. Broke tools twice trying to get it off. I have noticed on defy pages and other giant pages there has been loads of issues with rear hubs.

I have since got a set of carbons but would still like my stock wheel fixed as it's a warranty issue.

Went back to the shop Wednesday and they said that Giant have acknowledged that rear hubs on some pr2s were over tightened in the factory.

I'm just giving people a heads up. I thought it was me washing the bike with fairy liquid but it's obviously a manufacturing issue.

I'll keep the thread updated but my next bike might be a cube or trek.

Advertisement