Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Mute thréad for all views to improve discovery

Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭ TenLeftFingers

At least on mobile, when I visit the site I see the same threads constantly. Half of them i would never read due to lack of interest in those topics.

I would love to be able to mute them and never see them again in any view except my profile where I could unmute. Then the space could be taken up by threads that rank lower but are of more interest to me.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• You already have the ability to follow specific threads and specific forums. Does this not deliver what you are looking for?

• I think what they're looking for is that, for example, they could click/tap on some kind of 'delete' or 'minus' icon beside a thread title in, say, the soccer forum, and that thread would disappear from the list of threads they are looking at.

So somebody who has no interest in any of the EPL club superthreads could curate the forum so that they would never even see the links to those threads within the forum.

• Beasty wrote: »
    You already have the ability to follow specific threads and specific forums. Does this not deliver what you are looking for?

I think OP wants to be able to discover new threads in addition to their followed threads. They're looking at the page which shows the threads with the most recent posts. If there's a thread they're not interested in that's constantly appearing beacuse it's a busy thread, it's taking up a slot that would otherwise show them a different thread.

• Beasty wrote: »
    You already have the ability to follow specific threads and specific forums. Does this not deliver what you are looking for?

It doesn't aid discovery of new threads, nó. That would help track existing threads, but thats not my issue here.

• Mod note - you need to be a member for 3 months before you can post in Feedback.

• Advertisement

• Any follow-up on this at all, a month later?

• Boards.ie Community Manager

Not at the moment osarusan, our time has been taken up with some new things we've been working on and which we will post about in the next few days. Possibly it's a feature we can look at in the future if enough people want it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement