Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Races to restart in NI on April 24th

Options
  • 15-04-2021 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

The relaxation of lockdown in NI means we can get some events under way from April 24th.

I'm hoping to have a half marathon at Down Royal on the 24th and a set of 5k races on the 25th. The venue is available and I'm waiting for the ok from Athletics NI. Then a marathon around the 16th May and a 10k the same day or weekend.

The regulations are set that we can have 100 runners at a time so will split the fields into seeded groups for each distance.

There will be no new entries accepted for the 24th or 25th but if you have an entry already from the last event that was postponed from October 2020 then you are eligible. The race number you got would have said Semple McKillop at the top.

There will be a limited number of new entries accepted for the event on May 16th.

I will email all the entrants and let them know their options but basically if you have an entry you can swop races from the marathon to half or visa versa or the 10k to the 5k. You can also swop the number to another runner but must let me have their details in advance, no swops on the day will be allowed.

Obviously whether you come to the event is dependant on the travel advice in force for the area you will be travelling from.

Im not encouraging anyone to take unnecessary risks or break the law, Im just facilitating runners doing what they enjoy doing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Got the go ahead from Athletics NI so just waiting on the Police to agree to the traffic management plan.

Hopefully you all got the email or a text message about the events on this weekend.

Half Marathon on 24th and 5k on the 25th.

No new entries, only those who had entered for the event in Oct 2020 due to be at the Maze Prison site and then postponed again in December are eligible.

Email championchipireland@googlemail.com for info or check our Facebook page to see the email click here

Planning to hold the marathon on May 16th and the 10k on May 30th, just waiting for a few confirmations before its set in stone.

Confirmed now that we will have the Marathon on May 16th for those who had already entered or swopped to the race from the half marathon.

The 10k is on May 30th when we hope the rules will have been relaxed a bit to allow me to take more entries above what are already in.

I believe there is good news coming on Inter County travel for mid May in time for our races on May 16th. It will be great to see you guys back North racing again. You should have an email sent out this week if you have an outstanding entry from last October telling you of your options for the Marathon and 5k on May 16th and the 10k on May 30th.

Drop me an email if you need more info championchipireland@googlemail.com

Advertisement