Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler needs to be replaced. No idea where to start.....help/advice required!

Options
  • 15-04-2021 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone, newbie here so apologies if my questions are incredibly stupid!

I have a 2bed rental apartment and the boiler for it is on its last legs. Looking to replace as cost effectively as possible - not as cheaply as possible per se, but the one that requires as little upkeep and maintenance as possible and is also user friendly etc.

Any ideas where to start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭E30M3

Oil or Gas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,518 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Ring a plumber

Or a few of them.

Tell them the spec you have so they can get similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

E30M3 wrote: »
    Oil or Gas ?

Sorry, gas! See, I haven’t a clue lol

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ring a plumber

Or a few of them.

Tell them the spec you have so they can get similar.

How would I find that out? It’s just a standard gas boiler from what I can tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

Gas Combi (Combination) Boiler seems to be the way to go. It heats your radiators and your water on demand. Some information here on them

https://greener.ie/boilers/combi-boiler/

I am no expert on this but this is what I was advised recently. Happy for others to chime in if they know better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement