Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV Australia

Options
  • 14-04-2021 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,
    Need advice on booking my WHV visa to Australia? Should I apply through the Australian Gov or through groups such as USIT for example? Anyone have any suggestions please? I understand that everything has paused at the minute. Also how important is the job you input on the form? I’m not in any of the popular needed jobs. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

StudentM wrote: »
    Hi,
    Need advice on booking my WHV visa to Australia? Should I apply through the Australian Gov or through groups such as USIT for example? Anyone have any suggestions please? I understand that everything has paused at the minute. Also how important is the job you input on the form? I’m not in any of the popular needed jobs. Thanks in advance.

Apply directly from this website. There's no need to pay another company. The job doesn't make any difference under normal circumstances but they may possibly prioritise people with specific occupations due to covid.

It's hard to know when they'll start processing applications or when you could get a flight there but I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting there this year.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/work-holiday-417/first-working-holiday-417

• Registered Users Posts: 12 StudentM

aido79 wrote: »
    Apply directly from this website. There's no need to pay another company. The job doesn't make any difference under normal circumstances but they may possibly prioritise people with specific occupations due to covid.

It's hard to know when they'll start processing applications or when you could get a flight there but I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting there this year.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/work-holiday-417/first-working-holiday-417

Thank you. I already have my application filled out and ready to go but thought maybe I would need help getting a job. Yes I have no hopes for this year unfortunately. Hope things get as back to normal soon.

Advertisement