Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heritage insert stove grate

Options
  • 14-04-2021 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

admin please move if this is the wrong forum. I have a Heritage insert stove for about 5 yrs. now I need to replace the grate as there is a big gap in it. its one of those that you can rattle. the stove heats the water and rads. I have only been about to find one place selling grates and they are in dublin and I am told it would cost me €120 + €9.99 for delivery. this seems very expensive. would anyone know where I could source one second hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Don't buy 2nd hand.
    They are "expensive" because they have to withstand the heat of a firre over long periods.

I paid 170 for mine for a stanley erin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

but surely that is what they are made for... its crazy prices

gubby wrote: »
    but surely that is what they are made for... its crazy prices

Not really crazy.
    You could make one for a lot less, but would you?

well my husband is trying to at the moment :-)

Just go out and buy one... Don't be a cheapskate.

MOD NOTE: SAILING CLOSE TO THE WIND WITH THAT COMMENT, SO NO MORE LIKE IT.

• Advertisement

and you understand my personal circumstances

Just go out and buy one... Don't be a cheapskate.

MOD NOTE: SAILING CLOSE TO THE WIND WITH THAT COMMENT, SO NO MORE LIKE IT.

Was not intended to offend.

and you understand my personal circumstances

You are correct I do not.
    If you i cannot afford it, we'll thats a different kettle of fish altogether, I've been there so I know what it's like.
    Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

admin please move if this is the wrong forum. I have a Heritage insert stove for about 5 yrs. now I need to replace the grate as there is a big gap in it. its one of those that you can rattle. the stove heats the water and rads. I have only been about to find one place selling grates and they are in dublin and I am told it would cost me €120 + €9.99 for delivery. this seems very expensive. would anyone know where I could source one second hand?

What model stove is it?

Advertisement