Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expansion vessel for gas heating system.

Options
  • 14-04-2021 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I have a Ideal System 18 Gas Boiler that needs the above replacing. Quoted 400euro to supply and fit.... is that on par or a tad much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭John.G

You can fit a external one for ~ €50, as close to the boiler as possible, on the return.

John.G wrote: »
    You can fit a external one for ~ €50, as close to the boiler as possible, on the return.

You can fit a secondary expansion vessel external to the boiler but not a primary, as it’s against gas regs RGI’s have been instructed by some to turn off and isolate the appliance with external primary expansion vessels, there is a easy get out on paper call it a secondary vessel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

More talking from the quote end like for like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

He would certainly be well paid at that.
    I would be surprised if the cost of the part exceeded €100.

At €400 I would be looking at putting in a ‘secondary’ remote one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Well i dont need to worry on that anymore, Lad called out, after a replacement valve (dunno why) he must have failed to attached it on testing it let go and flooded my kitchen... now have a dead boiler and wants over 2k to replace... Laptop fudged, 2 monitors, kitchen flooded and needs drying and cleaning. and a really pi55ed off person... so while he said he would contact his insurance and claim it was my boiler he also literally ran to his van from my house.... sooo yeah

• Advertisement
Advertisement