Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

How to sell small number of AIB shares

• 13-04-2021 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ cloughy

I have small number of AIB shares, 10 which I have physical share cert. I want to crystalise losses to offset against capital gain that i will make later this year but how do i sell the shares.

I have a degiro account, but dont know if computershare can transfer the shares digitally for me to sell, not worried if it will cost say €50 as the tax saved on realising tbe losses be worth it, but dont really want to open account with Davys/Goodbodies as am sure would cost a lot if not going to be used afterwards.

Anyone give advice on how or where to sell, as its a pity Govt didnt allow the cost of the shares to be assumed to be lost, or even 99% of it as thats what happened and worse when 250 shares became 1 new one.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭ namloc1980

I have 2 AIB shares from when 250 become 1. Surely AIB/the State will buy back all these tiny holdings at some point? There must be thousands of shareholders with a dozen or less shares in AIB. I get an annual report posted out annually along with the proxy vote form. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭ garrettod

It might be worth putting a call into Goodbody, to see if there's any goodwill there, given they are now owned by AIB (again :))

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement