Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickr issue, power readings dropping

Options
  • 13-04-2021 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Have on issue with my 2017 kickr that just started this week.
    After a few minutes into a session the power starts to drop randomly or drops completely.
    Was using it with Sufferfest so thought it might be on issue with the Ant+ connection or a windows update but i'm also seeing the same behaviour now when doing a planned session that are stored on the bolt.

Today i was about 10 minutes into a session when the power dropped completely and didn't come back.

Anyone else seen similar issues?

Have been onto wahoo support and have done the usually recommended procedures of checking firmware and making sure not connected to other devices or other device interference.

The HR monitor and cadence sensor are still working fine when seeing the issues.

Is there anything i can do? Is there anywhere i can go to get it serviced?

Thanks
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Your best bet here is to join some of the FB groups as you get all the info and feedback there. I am in some Tacx Neo groups and some great info and tips on there with regular posting every day from very knowledgeable owners. That said people will only ever post up when something is wrong - never to say how great all is - but that is what you want and it may help with your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

From my limited ownership period of a Kickr Core I’ve found that most dropouts are due to signal interference from other devices nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ant, bluetooth, wireless keyboards, baby monitors, microwaves, your wifi, your neighbours wifi.... all in the same band. Interference is a big possibility though not guaranteed to be your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Different Turbo, but using Ant+ on a Samsung (work) phone to control my Hammer, I have far more drop outs when chrome casting from my nearby personal phone to the TV than when I am just using the fire stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭eeimcaw

Got this sorted if anyone else sees similar issues in future.
    When I had kickr plus any other sensor connected(cadence and HR monitor in my case) was getting drops when using Bluetooth or ant+ only.
    So now I'm connecting the kickr via Bluetooth only and the cadence and HR monitor over ant+ and all ok now for couple of sessions.
    Thanks for replies
    Mick

• Advertisement
Advertisement